Annual Journey for Peace
Gran Fondo Arava Festival is once again supporting the ‘Annual Journey for Peace’ in conjunction with the Orchard of Abraham’s Children. It brings together Israeli and Palestinian riders non- competitive fun race. In addition the Journey for Peace will involve other activities such as Dabka (traditional Middle Eastern dance) listening circles, music, games and more.
For some of the participants – Palestinians and Israelis, this will be the first time they have met one another. We believe that this is another contribution to our vision of building trust and peace, and creation of human encounters without walls or barriers. The Orchard of Abraham’s children is a nonprofit organization established for the purpose of achieving healing and reconciliation between all sons of Abraham.
- Bicycles will be available to the participants but we recommend that you bring suitable bikes
- Transportation and meals will be available to the participants free of charge.
- A bus will leave Tel Aviv (Arlozorov Central Train Station) at 8:00 am, and Jerusalem (International Convention Center) at 9:00am.
- The number of participants is limited.
- The event is free of charge.