The International Arava Gran Fondo 2019 (“the event”) will occur as follows:
a) A neutral warm-up ride from The start line to road no. 90. The start will be given in several heats.
The registration policy appears on the registration page.
1. Click here for course details and map.
2. Route bounds .The event management will secure and be responsible only for riders riding between the leading vehicle and the SAG vehicle. Riding outside of these bounds is forbidden.
3. Participants who will pass the lead vehicle or stray behind the SAG vehicle at the rear will not be under the organizers’ responsibility and will not be considered as insured participants.
4. No littering on course: it’s illegal! Riders are to dispose of garbage in designated garbage bins only.
5. Competitive Heat and Time Measured Heat. The Competitive Heat and the Time Measured Heat will end near Yeruham. Upon arrival a group of riders accompanied by police escort will ride back to the finish event finish line. In any case, after 15:30 riders still on the road are to wait for a pick up on the side of the road.
- Route changes.Organizers reserve the right to change or modify the cycling routes according to police instructions or due to weather conditions such as floods, fog, rain, strong winds, etc.
2. Authority 1:The organizers have the right to check participant’s bicycles prior the start.
3. Authority 2: The organizers have the right to prevent a rider from participating in the event as well as to cease his/her participation during the event without providing any explanations or reasons.
- Pre-race briefing. Each participant must be present for the pre-race briefing. The briefing will take place March 2nd, at 07:45 AM at the start point at Sapir park.
2. Gear. Helmets and shoes are mandatory. All cyclists should equip themselves with two filled drinking bottles and a basic tools kit. A rider who will not follow these rules will be immediately removed from the course. It is strongly recommended to wear glasses to protect your eyes.
3. Clothing. Each participant should have clothing suitable for the anticipated weather in the area (click here for weather). In case of rain, all participants should equip themselves with clothing suitable for wet weather.
4. Repairs. The participants should be able to handle basic repairs by themselves. A technical crew will assist where possible.
5. Safety. Riders are asked to stay on the designated route at all times. It is forbidden to shorten or to divert from the cycling course.
6. Follow traffic rules. Stay in the right lane, close to the right hand shoulder. A rider who chooses to stop while on course should signal riders behind them and pull over safely outside the course, on the other side of the right margin.
7. No littering on course: it’s illegal and dangerous. Riders are to dispose of garbage in designated garbage bins only.
8. Event Withdrawal. A rider who decides to drop out of the event must notify the organizers as soon as possible. Notification can be given to a marshal or commissars along the route, or to the vehicle at the rear.
9. Health Permit and Insurance. All participants must submit a health permit and an insurance permit. Click here for details (found on registration page).
10. Participant Statement.
- a) I hereby declare that I am physically fit to participate in the International Arava Grand Fondo 2019.
b) I have a health permit (including Ergometric Stress Testing) signed by a doctor* who has examined me.
c) I am aware of the fact that the event organizers gran fondo Israel and Israel cycling federation included) are not responsible for any damage that may happen to me (physical damage, gear damage) before, during and after the event. I hereby declare that I will not press any damages charge (of any kind) against the event organizers.
d) I hereby give my consent to the event organizers and sponsors to photograph me during and after the event for publicity use and to use the photos without providing me anything in return.
e) In case my age is younger than 18 years old on the date of the event, see below my parents’ consent for my participation in the mentioned conditions.
*Israeli participants must submit a health permit signed by a certified Sports Doctor only.