The Official Jersey - Gran Fondo Arava 2019
Gran Fondo Arava Cycling Festival is one of the largest and most unique road cycling events in the Middle East.
Riding 1,400 feet below sea level, the lowest point on earth, the Arava – Dead Sea region is one of the most spectacular and rare places in the world to take your bike.
Taking place on Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd of March 2019 it covers a distance of 161 KM and challenges riders of varied levels and abilities. Of particular note, Gran Fondo Arava includes a stage race for elite men/women as well as “Masters” aka older riders. There are timed events and a noncompetitive ride within a time limit.
This cycling festival includes also a Medio-Fondo, a 128 km route and a Mini-Fondo as well, 54 km of relatively flat course.
1,000 riders from all corners of the Globe will be joined by Israeli and Palestinian cyclists. They will experience the unmatched culture, food and ancient historic sites of the Arava region.
Riders of all levels and abilities can take part in our Events which includes:
- Gran Fondo Arava– Saturday March 2, 2019 our main event: A 161 km including a 77 km timed section and 161 KM – a noncompetitive ride within cut off time limits & 77km only for cadets.
- Arava Cycling Tour This is a two-day 3 stages race for elite men/women teams and “masters” older riders on March 1-2, 2019 (Fri-Sat). It includes 2 stages 1a + 1b in the first day and stage 2 The Gran Fondo Arava in the second day.
- Arava Cycling Tour – Tandem Heat This will be the first Tandem Stage Race in Israel. It includes 2 stages for Tandem cycling. stage 1 in the first day and stage 3 The Gran Fondo Arava in the second day.
- Medio Fondo Arava – This is a 128km race.
- Mini Fondo Arava – once again we bring all riders to a fun Family race of 54km.
6. Road Cycling Journey for Peace once again we support the ‘Annual Journey for Peace’ in conjunction with the Orchard of Abraham’s Children. It brings together Israeli and Palestinian riders non-competitive race and fun.
Rules & regulations – this is one of the most important sections for riders and follows established rules for Gran Fondo Arava international cycling event.
Schedule – At this link you will find the main events, times and locations. for all important meetings including things as rider briefing, start & finish and award ceremonies look at each event schedule separately.
Feeding Zones – This gives you the locations of all the feeding zones which will include liquid refreshment, first aid and bike maintenance
Travel and accommodation – Special road bike renal offer for Gran Fondo Arava 2019 cyclists
Gran Fondo Arava Cycling Festival offers a great opportunity for Northern Europeans and North Americans cyclists to escape the dark, wet and frozen weather at the start of the year.
Join the Gran Fondo Israel Cycling Festival family by connecting and communicating with thousands of friends and followers on our social media.